Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fourth of July!

Well, I'm a few days late with this post, but better late than never.  Monday was the 4th of July, America's 235th birthday!  The Stadium of Fire was on Saturday, just right across the corner from where I live.  I was pretty sad that I didn't actually get to go (I happen to love both David Archuleta and Brad Paisley), but the balconies of my apartment complex make great seats for the fireworks!  I have never been that close to a fireworks show before, and it was amazing.  It was really loud and they just looked so much bigger than I've ever seen before.  I wish I had taken some pictures, but sadly, I didn't.

Monday my ward had a little BBQ and played a game of Swedish Twister (where you have to touch the foot of the person next to you with your foot, then they have to move that foot--and only that foot--to touch the foot of the person next to them, etc.).  At one point I ended up having to do the splits to reach the foot of the person next to me.


I was pretty surprised that my jeans let me do that!  Yes, it can be quite an interesting game.  A very fun one, though.  And just for the record, I was one of the two winners :). (There are two winners to this game, because you win by not falling and therefore getting out, but once you're down to two people, you really can't play anymore.)  All in all, it was a pretty fun holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment