Well, my life right now feels like dance, dance, and more dance. Last Tuesday I got to go to a master class given by Roman Kutskyy and Anna Kovalova on the Rumba, which was amazing. Slightly painful, though :-). During one of her rounds of going around and repositioning people, Anna grabbed my arm and pulled it around the way it was supposed to go, but it felt like she was about to snap it in half! Who knew dancing could be so dangerous? I'm really glad I went, though. Roman and Anna are amazing dancers.
Then on Wednesday I went to a folk dance "rec night" where you basically just dance a bunch of folk dances that they teach in the world dance classes here. They are incredibly fun, but incredibly exhausting. Especially since I stayed the entire time, which I think was about 2 hours. I had a great time, though.
On Thursday I had a dance lab for my social dance class. Those are a lot like Stake dances only you do real dances rather than just bopping around to music. I always have fun at those, but this one was super fun because I actually got to perform in my class's Mambo routine during the floor show portion of the evening. That was my first time doing a ballroom formation number. I had a ton of fun, and I remembered the entire routine (I often forget something when I'm actually performing it, even if I know it like the back of my hand). Of course, I'm sure it helped that I somehow ended up with one of the best (in my opinion, probably the best) dancers in the class for my partner. Not sure how that happened.
Then Friday and Saturday I practiced with my partner for DanceSport, which is coming up in two weeks! I'm so excited. I'm competing in the Silver Rumba and Gold Samba competitions. Assuming all goes as planned, anyway. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment