Sunday, May 27, 2012

Bonus!

So I had thought that after graduation I would be done with ballroom for the most part.  Turned out I got to keep going for a little bit!  I asked my old Ballroom coach if I could be his TA for the beginning Latin Ballroom class he is teaching Spring Term, and he said he would be glad to have me.  So I've been doing that for the past month and get to continue for a couple more weeks.  I was also invited back onto team for a couple of weeks, which was thoroughly unexpected :).  One of the girls on the Spring A Team couldn't make it to the show they had last night, so the director e-mailed me and asked if I could come fill in for her.  Of course I said yes. So I got to perform a Foxtrot and a Viennese Waltz with them, which was fun.  Here are the pictures I took of me and my boyfriend in our costumes (he is on the team, too):




I'm not going to lie, I was super excited to get to wear the turquoise one.  It is one that usually only the 1:00 team gets to wear (they are the intermediate team during Fall and Winter semesters), and it is also one that I remember my Dance 180 teacher performing in when I was a freshman and just getting started in the ballroom world.  So it almost felt like an honor to be allowed to wear it :).

No comments:

Post a Comment