Friday, April 13, 2012

Stripes and Starz

Last weekend I had the amazing opportunity to be in the BYU Ballroom Company's concert Stripes and Starz. Since I'm on one of the lower teams I was only in one number besides the finale, but it was a really cool number.  We did a Tango to a song that I believe is from the movie Moulin Rouge (though I don't even know what the song was called, haha), and we got to wear some amazing dresses that the tour team wore in the finale last year so we felt really special.  Actually only half the girls wore dresses that were actually worn last year, because there were only 8 of them and we needed 16.  So the other half of us actually got new dresses made specially for us, which also felt really special.  Here are a couple of pictures of them:


We also had some great costumes for the finale.  The concert had a patriotic theme (in case you hadn't guessed by it's title), so all the finale costumes were red, white and/or blue.  Here is what my costume looked like:
The girls on the other teams had different styles of dresses, but they were all red (except for the tour team--they had blue).  At the very end of the finale, we all marched in carrying strips of red and white fabric and created an American flag.  It looked really cool, and the audience just erupted in screams and applause when they realized what we were doing.


It was a great concert and an incredible experience to be a part of it.  I remember going to the concert my freshman year (and sophomore and junior for that matter) and thinking it would be so cool to be in it but that there was no way I would ever be good enough for that to actually happen.  I'm glad I was wrong about the latter!  I had a great time as part of the company this year, made some good friends, and will miss my team very much.  Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment