Saturday, October 1, 2011

New Temple in Provo!

So last December the Provo Tabernacle burned down, leaving only the exterior walls intact.  I was devastated.  I loved the architecture, the fact that the pioneers had built it, the fact that one of my choir concerts and several Stake Conferences and firesides had been held there.  And then it was gone.



I wondered several times why the Lord let that building burn down.  The pioneers had worked so hard on it, it was a huge part of the community, and, well, I personally loved it.  But today I got to see one more instance of God knowing better than I.  Today in General Conference, President Thomas S. Monson announced that the building will be restored and converted into a temple!


I nearly dropped my pen when he announced that!  This news completely made my day, and I just had to blog about it even though everyone who reads my blog already knows, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment