Saturday, April 9, 2011

Crazy Weekend


Well, this weekend was much more exciting than my normal weekends!  Last night a bunch of us in my apartment complex had an end-of-semester party.  We played some crazy games and then sat around talking while watching two people throw playing cards at each other, which evolved into watching one of them see how many difficult places he could throw a card into (a drinking glass, a bowl on the table in the next room over, etc.).  Quite entertaining at midnight, I assure you.

This morning I went to an Easter Conference where one of the speakers was Elder John H. Groberg.  He's the guy the movie The Other Side of Heaven is about, in case you didn't know.

Then I ran home and got some lunch before heading back out to go to the ballroom dance concert, which was incredible as always.  The finale was inspired by Cirque du Soleil and involved a ton of huge balloons.  Here's a picture of a Mambo from last year's concert.
After that I didn't even get to go home.  Instead I ran over and caught all but the first one and a half pieces of my friend's bass recital.  Sadly, the piece I missed all of was a Vivaldi number :-(.
Then I went home and quickly took in a couple seams on my shirt in an attempt to make it look better.  It actually does look a little better, but it still needs some work.  Anyway, then I went to the Philharmonic Orchestra concert (which that same friend who did the bass recital was in).  I actually volunteered to help usher it so I could get in for free :-).  Basically I just handed out programs until the concert was about to start, at which time I was able to slip into my reserved seat.  I'm thinking I may do more volunteering in the future - it's quite nice getting to see performances for free just for standing there and handing people programs.

So this weekend was much more crazy than my normal ones where I just sit and watch Youtube videos and pretend to get homework done.

No comments:

Post a Comment