So I just realized that I have posted at least one post every month since I started this blog a little over a year ago, so I figured I couldn't break that streak now!
This month I started my last semester of college, so that was super exciting! I only have two classes left that I have to take--one for my major and one for generals--so I mostly have a bunch of fun classes this time: ballroom and social dance, jazz dance, ballet, ballroom team, Christian History, and Music Appreciation. With that much fun stuff, I'm actually staying almost on top of my homework (almost), which is quite incredible considering how badly I got senioritis last year. For example, for my music class we have to go to 6 classical music concerts. The report on the just the first one is due this Wednesday, but I've already done three! I feel so on top of it :).
A couple of weeks ago I got to shake Elder L. Tom Perry's hand! He came and spoke at the Stake Conference for my parents' ward, and I just happened to already be coming home that weekend for a friend's mission farewell. The funny thing was that I got to shake his hand almost by accident. See I had gone in the same car as my brother and my dad, and after the meeting my brother wanted to count how many seats were in the building (it wasn't our Stake Center), so I had to wait for him to do that. While I was waiting I was sort of following them around, but at one point I got stuck among a little group of people, so I decided to just hang out and wait behind them for a couple of minutes. After a few seconds, I started getting people asking me if I was in line. Not realizing what was going on, I said no and let them move past me. But after the second group of people asked me that, I decided to look and see what this "line" was for. Yep, you guessed it, Elder Perry was up at the front of the room shaking hands! Needless to say, I no longer let people in front of me, but started moving with the group instead :). Obviously it was a very short little meeting, but I thought what he said to me was almost cute. He said, "How are you?" "I'm good." "Good! We expect that from you! Keep it up!" Maybe cute isn't quite the right word, but it made me happy anyway.
Last night I went with a few friends to the movie "Unitards." One of the guys in our group of friends was in it, so it was really fun to watch him. After the movie we went into the lobby and saw a group of people taking a picture by a Unitards poster, so we waited near them so we could do the same. As our groups were trading places, somehow they got talking to Kent (our friend who was in it). Their faces when they found out they were talking to a cast member were priceless :)

No comments:
Post a Comment